From: "grandcross" <>
Subject: [DNA] E1b1b1 match
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 17:28:59 -0600

Aaron wrote:

.......The most important thing I was trying to accomplish through the
comparison was to make sure that MDPCK's line hadn't been isolated in Iberia
for a long time. I have a sample that I manage (E1b1b1) that has a minimum
of 33/67 (used to be 34/67) distance from any other sample on the ysearch
database. No exact matches even when comparing only 12 markers. ......

In case you weren't aware of it, I count 26 confirmed M-35 (E1b1b1)
participants at The E-M35 Phylogeny Project -
http://www.haplozone.net/e3b/project/cluster/5 - together with about 80
untested but predicted E1b1b1's as well. Two are from Portugal, two from
Spain, seven from Germany and nine from the U.K., just to give some idea of
national diversity. Might be worth checking this out.

This thread: