From: Larry Vick <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Relative/Family Finder math question
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 08:25:29 -0800 (PST)

Ann,

I must not understand how this program works.  Should all of my ancestors in the
GEDCOM be shown in the output under
"Genetic.Contribution,Number.Hits,Mean.Generations,ID,Name" when I select myself
in the "For whom" box?  I missing many of my ancestors who are in the GEDCOM
(including my parents) and I don't see a pattern.  My parents' names are shown
when I select myself, so I know they are in the GEDCOM.  In my patrilineal VICK
line, for example, no one shows up until my 4th great grandfather, and he is the
only VICK who shows up.  I have similar results on my mother's paternal line.
At first I thought maybe only those with more than one line to me were being
displayed, but when I double checked I didn't find that to be the case.

I generated the GEDCOM from PAF.

Regards,

Larry