From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Pilgrim & Indian ancestors;GeneTree pre-Thanksgiving special
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 07:03:01 -0800

Ann,

Am I missing something here? I don't see where they explain how they
determined this woman's 9th or 10th great grandparent (who would of course
be unlikely to be in the genetic tree) was Indian. Was it mtDNA? D9S1120
at 9 repeats? Was it strictly genealogy? The latter seems unlikely since
they state that they don't know who the client's Indian ancestor was
........................... So little detail, and we are just supposed to
buy it as we see it in this article ............ no genetic genealogist
would accept any of this without more information.

David K. Faux.

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 6:16 AM, Ann Turner <> wrote:

> http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/11/18/5489800-pilgrims-and-indians-in-her-family-tree
>
> The price for a Y chromosome test is greatly reduced until Thanksgiving.
> Even if you have tested elsewhere, this might be an opportunity for those
> of
> you who have wished you could become part of SMGF's database (pedigrees
> still required).
>
> Ann Turner

This thread: