From: Robert Stafford <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] 10 years down the line and I still don't understand
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 11:19:39 -0600

I checked some of our old RG reports against our current values. These are
the current values for your results and are compatible with Ancestry and
DNAHeritage (Ybase):

DYS389i = 14

Y-GATA-H4 This nomenclature was used only for a short term, so it did not
make it into our reports. It is different from the high value used briefly
by Ancestry, referred to in the Y-Search instructions. However, as an R1b,
it is likely to be 12.

Y-GATA-A4 delete marker as it is the same as another marker
Y-GATA-C4 = DYS635

Hopefully, you can get current values from Genetree.

To enter your data into Y-Search, you will need to use the old value of 13
for Y-GATA-A10. You will need to subtract 1 from Y-GATA-H4, even though the
conversion page says to subtract 11 from Ancestry and DNAH values.

I will check to see if I have anything on the changes to Y-GATA-H4 from

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 6:30 AM, Michael & Sue

> Hi all,

This thread: