From: Didier VERNADE <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] 10 years down the line and I still don't understand
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 16:12:31 -0700

Michael,

I saw your ysearch entry (ID : QM7YG). I hope someone on this list can confirm the marker values since you had to modify some to fit the ysearch standard.
It's of course of primary importance to confirm each value. For example DYS460=13 is rare among R1b and I don't know what to do with H4=27 .
I did a search on 11 markers : DYS393=13 , DYS390=24 , DYS19=16 , DYS426=12 , DYS388=12 , DYS385a,b=10,14 , DYS392=13 , DYS437=14 , DYS438=12 and YCAI = 19 .
I found only one match and it's really not convincing. Your values at odd for "R1b" (among the 11 ones) are DYS19=16 and DYS385a=10 . My advice is to go for a SNP testing. Why ? Because it can orientate the search. It's really strange that you have so many values out of range.

One can see on this example that people from companies other than FTDNA are in trouble ; I really hope you can find an exact "translation" of your data in ysearch standard : this is the first thing to get (including the possible DY425=null) .

Didier