Subject: [DNA] R1b1b2 perfect 33 marker match - different surname
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 11:25:11 -0500 (EST)

An R1b1b2 cousin has a perfect 33 marker match with someone on ancestry. The surnames are different but evaluation of the papertrails revealed both families lived (for two or three decades) in the same town in Wexford County, Michigan. My cousin has been tested to 67 markers but additional testing for the match does not appear to be forthcoming though I am working to overcome this.....

My cousin's 67-marker results are posted at FTDNA, ancestry, y-search, and genetree. Ancestry has three perfect matches; all four testees have different surnames.

Can I get some input/opinions on the likelyhood the match might "fall apart" if more markers were tested?

Dawn Newman

This thread: