GENEALOGY-DNA-L ArchivesArchiver > GENEALOGY-DNA > 2010-11 > 1290575747
From: Wilcox Lisa <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] MAC Users and XML Files
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 21:15:47 -0800
All my Mac OS stuff is completely updated (10.6.5). I'm using Microsoft Office for Mac 2008.
Here's what works for me:
1. Create an Excel template (.xlt) with headers, all formatted as Text.
2. Highlight and copy all data from the Results page, minus headers.
3. Paste Special into into Word as Unformatted Text.
4. Highlight and copy all data in Word.
5. Paste Special as Text into the template file.
6. Dump Word file.
Pretty much what I was doing before all the improvements. ;-)