GENEALOGY-DNA-L ArchivesArchiver > GENEALOGY-DNA > 2010-11 > 1290577057
From: Wilcox Lisa <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] MAC Users and XML Files AMENDED
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 21:37:37 -0800
All my Mac OS stuff is completely updated (10.6.5). I'm using Microsoft Office for Mac 2008.
Here's what works for me:
1. Create an Excel template (.xlt) with headers, all formatted as Text.
2. Highlight and copy all data from the Results page, minus headers.
3. Paste Special into into Word as Unformatted Text.
4. Save Word file as Text (.txt).
5. With your template file open, select Import from the File menu.
6. Locate and select your .txt file
7. Select Delimited; Next; select delimiters "," and other "-"; Next; select Text; Finish.