From: Michael & Sue <>
Subject: [DNA] 10 years down the line and I still don't understand
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 09:54:39 +0000

My Thanks to everybody who replied to my original posting.
Hopefully I have replied everybody who did reply personally, If I have
missed anybody, my thanks to you also.

I first subscribed to this list about 8 years ago having had my DNA
tested in 2001. I have to admit that most if not all of the postings
went over my head because I just hadn't got a clue what everybody was
talking about. Being Dyslexic doesn't help. If the manual says if you do
A and B, you'll get C. But if I don't get C it can take me hours, days
or possibly months to work it out.

From the various replies it appears that my Y/DNA 12 marker test was a
complete waste of money and the Y/DNA 24 marker isn't much better. So I
would assume that my mtDNA test falls into the same category.

I see that GeneTree have a Holiday Offer for their 46 marker test but it
is suggested that the 37 marker test from FTDNA at nearly twice the
price per marker is the better of the two.

So I have decided to forget I ever had my DNA tested and write it off to
experience and will unsubscribe to this list in the next 24 hours.

My thanks to everybody

Kind regards
Michael

This thread: