From: Wilcox Lisa <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] 10 years down the line and I still don't understand
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 09:41:59 -0800

Hi Michael--

Many postings on this list are incomprehensible to me too.

Ignore them until you need to understand them --many of us do. ;-)

It just takes time to understand.

When people first began testing for genealogical purposes, they did not understand how many markers would be necessary. Especially for folks in the R1b haplogroup!

Many surname project members began with 12, stepped up to 25, and then to 37. Nowadays some project administrators are reduced to begging participants to upgrade to 67 markers. Especially for folks in the R1b haplogroup!

I return to my earlier question: what do you hope to accomplish with your results?

Lisa