From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] [yDNAhgI] SNP Breakthrough for I1*-AS
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 17:27:09 -0700

Indeed, T2 is a very large clade within I1*-AS and it has this geographical
flavour of more easterly location in north Europe. It is a relatively old
clade as I1* clades go. We definately want to learn whether T2 is derived
or ancestral for L338.

And of course the same message goes to I1* folks from other clades. It is
difficult to construct a tree for I1* in this bushy era of the last 4
thousand years or so. The nodes are just too close together to infer that
tree from genetic distances or variances between the clades. SNPs come into
their own in bushy trees --- which I1* certainly is.

Ken