From: Aaron Salles Torres <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] SNP Breakthrough for I1*-AS
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 08:42:41 -0800 (PST)

List,

It seems as though I was the I1* (I1-AS (generic)) WTY participant who tested ancestral for L338. Dr. Thomas Krahn's words:

"Unfortunately we have not found a new SNP in your sequences. However we have found that your L338 result is ancestral. This is at least as important as a new SNP because previous I-M253 WTY participants have been L338+. From this finding it looks like L338 represents a significant division in between the I1 branches. Without your participation we may have not discovered the importance of L338."

My FT DNA kit number is 148532 and my ysearch ID is 7PGXX. I also ordered the L338 test for my maternal grandfather's line (Fernandes, FT DNA kit number: 172172). Besides the deeper understanding of I1 followed by this discovery, I am curious as to how the Frame and Hamilton clusters will test for L338.

Best regards,
Aaron Torres