From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] SNP Breakthrough for I1*-AS
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 16:45:10 -0500

We have descended into a quibble over what "rare" means. How about
substituting, "rarely found"? Your own example makes the point: it took a
humongous expenditure of resources to find this single SNP.

Minor point: SNPs aren't "robustly dividing." A locus simply has or has not
mutated into the polymorphic state. 99.9% of the human genome is *not*