From: "Julie Frame Falk" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] SNP Breakthrough for I1*-AS
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 18:00:22 +1100

Aaron,

<<L338 could be a great tool for better understanding the outliers you are describing. As long as the parties are willing, the test wouldn't hurt. But initially I would test one representative from each Frame subgroup, as well as the Hamilton subgroups - particularly group C.>>

Thanks for replying and yes, I hope L338 works for the purpose. I agree we should support this test to whatever degree is helpful to both the I1 and our individual projects.

On my GAP, there are 32 Frames in Frame A with 67-marker haplotypes.

Of these:

3 carry the mod. hap.67-0 Sub-Group 4

7 match the modal 67-1. Sub-Groups 1, 3, 4, 6

10 match the modal 67-2. Sub-Groups 3, 4, 5, 7

2 match the modal 67-3. Sub-Groups 1, 6

6 match the modal 67-4. Sub-Groups 1, 3, 4, 6

1 matches the modal 67-5. Sub-Group 2*

1 matches the modal 67-6. Sub-Group 2*

2 match the modal 67-8. Sub-Group 2*, 1 (outliers GT2D7* & 4G8B9

* These 3 are pretty much tied together by a 2-step mutation at DYS413a. I have a theoretical chart of how they might connect to the Frames of Merryton, Hamilton par.

I'm sure there won't be a problem getting L338 tests for the *outlier* Sub-Groups 1 and 2. Sub-Group 4 carries the modal and there is only GD=1 between some in Sub-Groups 3 (Dalserf LKS) and 4 (the West Virginians); L338 for Sub-Group 3 is already ordered and there is not much GD between the others so it may be difficult to justify testing all Frame A Sub-Groups. The nearest individuals in Frame A/Hamilton C match 67-2. From memory, modal to modal GD is 4 over 67 markers. MRCA is probably within the last few hundred years. A Hamilton B tester of L338 will likely cover Frame B and I thought the test for Frame A (X73PB) might have adequately represented Hamilton C, but I could be wrong! :o)

Kind regards

Julie Frame Falk

This thread: