From: Ann Turner <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] SNP Breakthrough for I1*-AS - Next Generation Sequencing
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 15:09:42 -0800

Are you talking about autosomal matching segments? I was referring to slides
#26 - 33 in the PowerPoint presentation from Thomas in this thread.

In another thread, I was talking about autosomal matching segments that
break down if you look at haplotypes instead of genotypes, as described in
this old message:

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/GENEALOGY-DNA/2010-11/1288621822

I've seen similar situations at 23andMe, with Ancestry Finder segments in a
child that are not found in either parent. But I've only had a few cases
with the necessary father/mother/child data. We should probably start a
different thread if you want to talk about that.

Ann