From: Ann Turner <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] mtDNA Results Problems
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 07:46:35 -0800

FTDNA is correct. 23andMe is aware of this discrepancy, but they aren't able
to correct individual records. I was sort of expecting they would run an
updated algorithm as a batch process over the summer, too, but they perhaps
they were involved in designing the v3 chip and decided to wait until they
saw how things checked out with it.

Ann Turner
Disclosure: I have a consulting arrangement with 23andMe, but the statements
expressed above are my own and not official policy of 23andMe.