From: "Brian P. Swann" <>
Subject: [DNA] FW: PERSONAL GENETICS - QUINTILES AND LONDON GENETICS
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 07:37:22 -0000

This is interesting - and then some.

I recognise this is not family history - but if you are in to Chip
technology and autosomal DNA - there is no escaping this.

---------

Quintiles, London Genetics Ink PGx Services Pact

November 29, 2010

NEW YORK (GenomeWeb News) - Quintiles and London Genetics have struck a
partnership to provide biomarker and pharmacogenomics consulting and
services to biopharmaceutical firms, Research Triangle Park, NC-based
Quintiles said today.

The two companies will collaborate to provide pharmacogenetic solutions,
including novel biomarker and assay development services.

"Ultimately, our alliance will support biopharma in their interactions with
academic partners and the development of personalized medicines," London
Genetics CEO Dominique Kleyn said in a statement.

Among the services provided by Quintiles are biomarker tests that analyze
genes and proteins that affect cell growth and mutation.

London Genetics helps companies to apply genetic knowledge that can take
risk out of clinical trials. It also designs and manages projects and
patient cohorts through partnerships with relevant academics and clinicians.

Thomas Wollman, senior VP of Quintiles Global Central Laboratories, said
that the two firms have "expertise to help early adopters of personalized
medicine use genomic technologies to improve drug discovery and development,
and a networked infrastructure to support those efforts virtually anywhere
in the world."

http://www.londongeneticslimited.com/london-genetics-events/basic

Annoying because I only found out about this Conference up the road last
week.

Can't be everywhere in this field.

Brian

Brian Picton Swann