From: Vincent Vizachero <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] NW European R1b from Iberia?
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 17:08:01 -0500

As much as I hate to engage in discussions about discussions, I don't
mind calling "foul" on this assertion.

You have proposed a specific theory (that R-M269 spread from Iberia)
and, when challenged to explain your reasoning for proposing this
theory, you produced a flawed argument. Having those flaws exposed is
a valuable part of a scientific debate, and their is no burden on the
person exposing those flaws to advance a replacement theory (even
though, in this case, he did).

The history of population genetics is littered with examples of
authors who, in an effort to produce a cute story or support a pet
theory, tortured the data until it confessed to a crime it did not
commit.

If some people have an outsized imagination, there is no need for
everyone else to drop to abandon reason in order to participate in the
debate.

VV

On Dec 7, 2010, at 3:29 PM, wrote:

> In other words, if you or anyone else cannot offer an alternative
> and justified (DATA!) version of a concept that I (or anyone else)
> is presenting, that "criticism" has a zero value. I hope it is
> understood.

This thread: