From: "Lawrence Mayka" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] NW European R1b from Iberia?
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 05:12:36 -0600

As 'argiedude' has pointed out in another forum:

The SMGF database contains a cluster of 5 Mongolian R-M269. The cluster is
notable for DYS393=13, DYS426=13, and DYS461=11, a combination that in
Europe usually suggests R-L51* (a.k.a. R-M412*). I have illustrated this
cluster in Ysearch as QV4QQ. Interestingly, the cluster also has an unusual
DYS464d=18, just like the two Slavic R-L51* in my project. Moreover, the
Mongolian cluster has enough variation on slow markers to suggest that it is
not the result of recent immigration.

We don't know, of course, whether these unusual Mongolian R-M269 are
actually R-L51*. But if they are, their existence--and the fact that there
isn't a lot of other R-M269 in Mongolia--could be significant.

> From: [mailto:genealogy-dna-
> ] On Behalf Of Tim Janzen
> The
> dispersion of the Kurgan people as illustrated on the map on the Wikipedia
> web site would help explain how R-L11* could appear both in Armenia as
well
> as in Poland and England.

This thread: