From: John German <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] The fate of R-L11 in Europe
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 19:29:56 -0400

That's not quite what I was suggesting - I pondered that L11 had spread
rapidly and widely before the birth of U106 and P312.
I do not understand the dynamics of how a subclade dramatically seems to
replace its parent clade, but with that in mind I find the L11 only map in
Myers very interesting with its concentrations in England and along the
southern Baltic. I think the English picture could be the result of L11
arriving there from an area devoid of U106 and P312 or before the splits.
Mike W wrote:

Do you have any thoughts as to how U106 and P312 separated in distance

This thread: