From: "Bernard SECHER" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] The fate of R-L11 in Europe
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 12:21:36 +0200

Hi all,

I just come back at home after holidays and see this topic.

The L11(xU106,xP312) map from Myres paper is interesting. We can see three
L11 hot spots: 1st is in upper Danube, 2d is in north Europe (Germany,
,Poland and south scandinavia) and 3d is in England.

The england L11 hot spot could be the result of a Bell beaker migration from
Netherlands to England, and so hot spot 2 and hot spot 3 would be originated
from the same North Europe region.

In this case, we have 2 hot spots for L11: the first one is in the upper
Danube and could be the origine of P312, the second one in north Europe
could be the origine of U106.

Best
Bernard