Subject: Re: [DNA] The fate of R-L11 in Europe
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 13:05:15 -0400

I made up my mind about R-U106 and R-P312 but, first of all , I will need the opinion of experts on growth - expansion of a group versus variance. What I mean is that the 4300 years BP for R-P312 TMRCA (Heinila) could mean that R-P312 originated around 4900 BP but had a very limited expansion for six hundred years and only then expanded fast. Why ? I suspect more and more that R-P312 made some kind of secession from the parent group R-L11, this group went along with R-U106 and R-P312 went away.
My question for experts would be : is it possible to pinpoint such a 600 years resting time of growth before an expansion ?

Recently, I focused on G haplogroup and, interestingly enough G2a3b1a1 is also dated 4300. I suspect an association between R-P312 and G2a3b1a1. Until now I have no data of whether G2a3b1a1 was in Portugal but I am expecting it.

So, to summarize. R-U106 would have expanded from the site with known R-L11 : Switzerland (first) and then Holland and British isles ; R-U106 is to be expected along the Danube river and the Rhine river, probably the main axes of expansion at the beginning. R-P312 may have started in Switzerland (or nearby) BUT they didn't get along with R-L11 and R-U106 and I expect a resting time. At this early time a migration to Portugal was successful but it took several hundred years and the advent of bronze age until they expanded.