From: "Sandy Paterson" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Correct TMRCA analysis (Europe)
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 09:48:01 -0000

Andrew,

Can you help me with something?

You say that

I agree and as a genealogist I would say it is even more important. FT DNA's
last two new panels were disappointing for anyone interested in genealogy,
but seem to have been selected partly on the basis of an idea that this
would suit the assumptions of paying customers who are interested in trying
to be population geneticists. Problem is that even for that purpose, slow
markers essentially only help us pick the low hanging fruit which has
already been discovered anyway.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'last two panels' Do you mean markers 38-67
and
markers 68-111?

Sandy