From: "M. A. Farrell" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Filling in the gaps in the slave trade
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 18:32:24 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

This is very interesting, Debbie. It is mentioned this study will "... pin down the ethnic origins of slaves to particular regions within Africa..."; however, I have seen many entries in early American record books referring to "Guinea men" describing slaves, so there were ethnic origins formerly used we now know nothing about. Even the forbidden "N" word was explained to me as a child, to refer to the origin of the people from Nigeria or the Niger River. How did usage become so changed and misspronounced, when originally an ethnic origin reference?
I don't expect any answers and we will never know.
Mary Alice

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet
http://www.peoplepc.com