From: vernade didier <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Napoleon the first
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 18:32:01 +0000 (GMT)

An important point is that not only DYS454=7 is rare ; the whole haplotype, even without taking into account DYS454 is far from any matches. I wasn't able to find any matches (at genetic distance of 6 as allowed by ysearch) in ysearch when the number of markers was above 20 . May be someone did better ?

Argiedude are you still around !? We need the kind of help you can provide...

> The haplotype has the very rare value DYS454=7 and, although many people would say that one marker isn't enough I would say that tracing those M34+ with DYS454=7 will give the origine of Napoleon the first. A jewish origin seems likely .
>
> Didier

Out of the 472 M34+ haplotypes on the E-M35 project, only a few are off the 11 modal, with either 10 or 12.
http://www.haplozone.net/e3b/project/loadview/90

No one has 7 there yet.

Denis