Subject: Re: [DNA] Question regarding Markers DYS459 and DYS464
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 12:35:40 +0000 (UTC)

I asked a question a couple of days ago that I don't think was answered. If it was, I apologize for my density. If three members of a family are 15 15 15 18, and the fourth is 15 15 15 15 18 18, what happened? Was that a recLOH, two mutations, or a single mutation that triggered a double addition? In any case, should it be counted as a GD change of one or, as FTDNA has it, two?
I asked FTDNA for an opinion a week ago, but I gather they prefer not to comment.
Thanks, Paul

This thread: