From: "Kenneth Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Question regarding Markers DYS459 and DYS464
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 09:11:58 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Anatole Klyosov

Therefore, what I meant, were
QUANTITATIVE considerations, that is calculations using DYS464 mutational
pattern.

[[Then you did not understand my original comment. I believe using DYS464
for quantitative purposes, such as coming up with a GD or something
analagous to it, or a variance, is mostly a waste or inefficient use of
time.
But DYS464 is a qualitatively useful STR for purposes of finding clades or
clusters. One of the big reasons for this is that I believe the testing
companies in the past, and therefore now filling our databases, put out many
erroneous "4 copy" approximations to the true state of DYS464. KN ]]

This thread: