From: "Tim Janzen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Humans Out of Africa - or not?!
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 12:41:23 -0800

Dear All,
I agree with Anatole that this is a complicated issue. Back in 2009 I estimated the I calculated the A/B split at 147,246 years using 10 slow mutating markers. See http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/GENEALOGY-DNA/2009-07/1247384275. The question we would like to know the answer to is where Y Adam was living at the time of the A/B split. I don't think we can readily answer that question at this time. I think that evidence now would suggest that he was likely living in Africa or somewhere in the Middle East. I suspect that he wasn't living in Central Asia or Eastern Asia. I agree with Ted that we should encourage testing of more people from Haplogroup A. It will be very interesting to follow this topic as more data comes in.
Sincerely,
Tim Janzen