From: "Alister John Marsh" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Does anyone think they still own their group?
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 12:03:35 +1300

Paul,

If you or someone else asked to start a Conroy project at My Heritage, the
"system" would probably sent you via the FTDNA system which would require
you to obtain FTDNA approval to open a Conroy project. At that point FTDNA
may not let you start another Conroy project if an active one exists. But
it would be interesting to see how this does work in practice.

It also slightly concerned me that My Heritage list the Marsh Project as
zero participants, but FTDNA list it as over 100, and in total it has over
180. It did cross my mind that persons entering the system via My Heritage
would think that no Marsh project existed, and would not seek to join. Or
as you note, there might be a risk of a competing project being started,
perhaps under a different variant of your surname.

John.