From: "Alister John Marsh" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Does anyone think they still own their group?
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 14:03:25 +1300

Bob,

You could be right.

For the present at least, I will still not make my FTDNA project open
access, as that would lose me some of the control I feel I need to best
serve participants of the project.

If FTDNA wanted to support project administrators, and help them to get more
tests referred to FTDNA, it might be a solution if the FTDNA/ My Heritage
interconnection software more readily showed My Heritage customers that a
strong Y-DNA surname project was running for their surname, which would help
them if they joined.

If FTDNA are trying to make projects invisible if they are not open access,
it does not serve to encourage more people to test at FTDNA. Perhaps FTDNA
have just not been aware of this quirk in the way their interconnection
software works.

John.