Subject: Re: [DNA] Does anyone think they still own their group?
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 02:04:17 +0000 (UTC)

I don't post much but I must say I completely agree with your statement.

Totally. !!

Marianne Dillow

Yes expanding the search base may very well expand the chances of finding
long lost relatives, but in my opinion, that decision should be left to each
paying participant as to how & where they want to share their results.
There are way too many unscrupulous organizations here in America who will
use all sorts of data to help other companies, for a nice hefty fee,
discriminate against individuals, especially regarding medical genetics ...

There has to be a balance between DNA testing and personal privacy ...it
should always be an opt in or out choice BEFORE the information is "shared"
...."once the horse is out of the barn" is not the time to deal with the
issue ..... Just because a company does the "legal" thing and announces what
will or has done, does not make it a "morally correct choice".

Just my opinion,

Deborah

This thread: