From: "Lawrence Mayka" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Out of Africa
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 05:01:22 -0500

Your incorrect point below reflects an incorrect interpretation of
colloquial English. Colloquially, "split off from" can mean simply "split
apart from" (rather like a divorce, where one couple becomes two singles).
The quote you cite simply means that haplogroups A and BR split apart at a
certain point in time. Here is the SNP haplotree from 2006, which clearly
shows that A and BR are siblings, topographically speaking. Their common
derivation from Y-Adam is not explicitly shown in this older haplotree.

http://www.isogg.org/tree/ISOGG_YDNATreeTrunk06.html

That haplotree has been obsoleted by new information, however. Once again,
the latest haplotree has supergroup BT derived from supergroup A1:

http://www.isogg.org/tree/ISOGG_YDNATreeTrunk.html

Once again I must point out that it is simply gibberish to speak of one
currently living human community as "derived from" another currently living
human community. One can, however, say that a particular human community is
derived from a human community of the past who perhaps lived elsewhere.

> From: [mailto:genealogy-dna-
> ] On Behalf Of Anatole Klyosov
> 2006: The BR haplogroup split off from haplogroup A 55,000 years before
present
> (bp). It probably appeared in North East Africa.
>
> In other words, "statement 3" as specified above, is correct as the true
and
> important description of the "Out of Africa" (flawe) concept.

This thread: