From: "Brian P. Swann" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] 23andme test vs. mtDNA full sequencing for genealogy
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 18:30:20 +0100

Dear Ann

Well, I just signed up in the latest FTDNA price reduction to get my mtDNA
sequenced.

And as soon as the result comes in, it gets turned over to you for a careful
look at any medical consequences based on that sequence.

I felt I could not be as interested in what mtDNA codes for - for real - in
the human cell. And remain aloof from not being tested /sequenced myself.
I don't anticipate learning anything useful in relation to my real family
history - but re-watching The Gene Code also made me think I really should
do this.

So maybe Rebekah Canada is right - and we will be up to 20,000+ full mtDNA
sequences in the FTDNA database by the end of 2012.

Brian