GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 1999-04 > 0923209926

From: "Irene Hunt" <>
Subject: Re: A disappointing visit to Dublin.
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 17:12:06 +1000

I've just returned from 51/2 months in the Uk including a trip to Ireland
where I visited the Tipperary Heritage Unit in Nenagh. I already knew what
my husbands great great grandparents names were and I already knew what
their childrens names and years of birth were. I happily paid the 20 pounds
sterling (at the time the equivalent to $50 Australian) for a search on the
family. All I got was the baptism dates and parish. Very expensive. Why
can't the Tipperary Heritage Unit play the game and charge for the amount of
info. It took them 15 minutes to extract this from their data base and
transcribe onto a pro forma sheet. I would have liked the female line
looked at and the brother of the person in question but that would have cost
me another 20 pounds sterling each. $100 in my money. Irene Hunt
Ann C Brennan wrote in message
<7ds35v$ocg$1@newssvr04-int.news.prodigy.com>...
>Please provide some specifics for the rest of us.
>

>Steve Moylan wrote in message <000001be7ab0$b3692dc0$>...
>>I have just returned from a majorly unsuccessful trip to Dublin. Despite
>>careful preperation and having just a few clear and simple goals, I have
>>returned with no additional information at all.
>>
>>Sadly this sort of ruined the trip for me because my expectations were
high
>>that I would get a result with the quality of information that I took out
>>with me. The very expensive lesson that you can all share from my
>experience
>>is "don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed".
>>
>>Regards
>>Steve Moylan
>>MOYLAN of Belfast NI. SHELDON of Birmingham UK

This thread: