GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 1999-06 > 0929900845

From: "Joe Matthews" <>
Subject: Re: LDS is Useless
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 10:47:25 -0700

> CJBrady wrote:
>
> > Really can't think why they have bothered putting their dbs
> > online.
sssssssnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiippppp

> > have passed away since they were born in the late 1800s/early
> > 1900s - and their details are simply not there. In fact I have
> > just wasted about 5 hours trying to find anyone I know about - and
> > failed everytime.

Well, there you go. I only spend about an hour and a half, and I found a
NUMBER of the people I was looking for, and a couple that I didn't KNOW I
was looking for. And, I also got the name and address of the submitters of
that information, so that I can check, and get additional information.

On the other hand, I have been trying to find out my grandmothers NAME for
about 10 years... Don't know why we have FAMILY, as they don't know, or
won't tell, and I have failed everytime I have tried.

I bought the Family Tree Maker, receiving about 10 CDs full of information.
Also logged onto their search site. Spent WEEKS looking for people I know.
Never found one.. So, I guess THEY should get their dbs off the net, as
well

But, I have corresponded with a number of individuals who got a LOT of
information off their database... some good, some not.

Keep looking, you might even find YOURSELF on there, someday :-))

--
Joe Matthews
Gibsons, BC

This thread: