GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2000-07 > 0963607474

From: T <>
Subject: Re: GENIRE-D Digest V00 #367
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 15:44:34 -0500

wrote:

> In a message dated 7/14/00 10:26:18 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> writes:
>
> <<
> This is my first message here and after reading through the things posted
> here today, it reads more like one of those ridiculous chat rooms with their
> negative comments to each other, back & forth. Is this site for real
> questions or just another version of a chat room? Thanks
> >>
> Totally agree with you.
>
> Wonder? Can we please get back to genealogy???

Depending on where you're reading this, it's either a newsgroup or a mailing
list, and that means it depends on what people ask about or share or bring up.

If you have a question, please ask. Be specific, use names, dates, places, cite
references if necessary.

If you have something interesting to share, again, go for it. Cite references.
Give links.

If you can offer a service or if you know of cool free stuff, cool.

If you found a really neat new way of finding information or a really reliable
resource, I'm sure everyone would love to hear about it.

Posting that you don't like what your reading contributes even less than the
posts you're complaining about.

---

Now. Back to the stuff at hand.

I realize there were some Free Thinker organizations in Ireland in the middle of
the 19th century, and that there are some addresses that keep the records, but
does anyone know of publications or public resources on who were members,
etc? Thanks.

This thread: