GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2000-09 > 0969568575

From: Evelyn and Tom Moore< >
Subject: Re: Going to Ireland? Beware!
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 20:36:15 GMT

(HOST GFS LINDA) wrote:

>Yesterday, Pat said:
><< I lost everything, outside of Dublin, when my rental car was stolen. >>
>
>Though with difficulty, rental cars and charge cards can be replaced. But
>sitting in Ireland without your genealogy material? I hope it was safe -

Rental cars have licence plates which are indistingushable form any
other plates - the cars are sold on after six months of service in the
rental business.

We draw your attention the the tourist information page at the Garda
website
http://www.irlgov.ie/garda/touristinfo/default.htm

which has plenty of practical advice for tourists.

Have a safe holiday,

Evelyn & Tom Moore,See our Web site URL below
Avondoyle Country Home B&B,
Limerick, Ireland
For more about B&B holidays in Ireland see our Web pages at
http://www.iol.ie/~avondoyl
or http://www.welcome.to/avondoyle
or email us at the corrected address
(NB.... Note that you must change "nonsense" to "avondoyl" in our mail address
.

This thread: