GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2001-06 > 0993076320

From: "inquiziter" <>
Subject: Re: Virus Warning
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 23:32:00 +0100

Micky Sorry to hear, I see nothing in your post that deserved such
appalling actions by anyone. I see you run Grisoft, like me'self it is
one other thing you may like to try is an email remover;
It allows you to check without downloading actual source and content,
it has saved my bacon many times.

you are right to be cautious it is also known as W32.Badtrans
It is a MAPI worm that replies to all unread messages in your email
message folders and drops a backdoor Trojan.

you can read about that viri on ;(and other sites) type="text/javascript">DisplayMail('mm.html','w32.badtrans.13312');

"Michel O'Cainin" <> wrote in message
> I have just received unsolicited email from the following person, Robert
> O'Loughlin, in reply to one of my postings "RE: Ireland is Disgusting"
> The email had an attachment which maybe a virus.
> The file name is : s3msong.MP3.pif
> I would advise you not to open this attachment if recieved.
> --
> Michel O'Cainin

This thread: