GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2001-06 > 0993076320

From: "inquiziter" <>
Subject: Re: Virus Warning
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 23:32:00 +0100

Micky Sorry to hear, I see nothing in your post that deserved such
appalling actions by anyone. I see you run Grisoft, like me'self it is
good
one other thing you may like to try is an email remover;
It allows you to check without downloading actual source and content,
it has saved my bacon many times.

http://www.mindspring.com/~davleib/eremove.html

http://www.standard.net.au/standardnet/general/eremove.html

you are right to be cautious it is also known as W32.Badtrans
It is a MAPI worm that replies to all unread messages in your email
message folders and drops a backdoor Trojan.

you can read about that viri on ;(and other sites)

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/ type="text/javascript">DisplayMail('mm.html','w32.badtrans.13312');

http://antivirus.about.com/compute/antivirus/library/virusinfo/blbadtrans.ht

"Michel O'Cainin" <> wrote in message
> I have just received unsolicited email from the following person, Robert
> O'Loughlin, in reply to one of my postings "RE: Ireland is Disgusting"
>
> The email had an attachment which maybe a virus.
>
> The file name is : s3msong.MP3.pif
>
> I would advise you not to open this attachment if recieved.
>

> --
> Michel O'Cainin

This thread: