GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2003-03 > 1046535605

From: Chesney Christ <>
Subject: Re: Mary Buchanan McRobert of Stranraer, Scotland (from about 1774 to about 1855)
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 16:20:05 +0000

A certain , of soc.culture.irish "fame", writes :

>Ooops, maybe you didn't need it.........

He's written a few books apparently, such as "The slave children of
Thomas Jefferson". Comments on the Amazon page include :

"Don't waste your time (or money). This book is almost as poorly written
as it is poorly cited. The author obviously had no editor. There are
nearly a half-dozen better choices if you want reliable information on
Jefferson and the slavery connection. "

"the writing style ranges from breezy to turgid"

>I just looked at your home page : http://ishipress.com/

This a belter of a homepage. This guy really must be a zero watt bulb.

Classics abound such as " I have also been wondering why Einstein became
so famous, whereas other great scientists remained virtually unknown
[...] After he died, the brain of Albert Einstein was taken out,
preserved and studied. It is still in a glass jar somewhere. Scientists
who have studied the brain say that it appears to be an average brain,
no different from many others."

Bugger me, with scientific analysis like that this guy's going to change
the world.

"[Regarding the Space Shuttle Colombia] .. in case you have been reading
the Internet, already conspiracy theories are hitting Cyberspace about
what brought down the Shuttle Columbia. It has not been overlooked that
it happened over Texas, and you know what that means."

[..]

"We must get at the truth. Here is your chance to vote on this important
question. What do you think brought it down?

1. Osama bin Laden was paid by Saddam Hussein to bring down the Space
Shuttle Columbia.

2. Ariel Sharon brought down the Space Shuttle Columbia to give the USA
an excuse to attack Iraq.

3. The Office of Homeland Security did it.

4. Bobby Fischer, whose father invented the A-Bomb, did it.

5. The Redman Gang of Four from their Hide-out at the University of
Texas at Dallas did it as part of their plot to retake control of the
United States Chess Federation.

6. Lee Harvey Oswald, still alive and well in his Dallas hide-out, acted
alone.

7. God did it. This is the first phase of the Battle of Armageddon as
predicted Bible and the Book of Revelation, chapters 16-21.

8. The Devil did it.

9. W. did it, to increase his popularity and improve his chances for
re-election.

10. A few loose tiles flew off of the left wing, causing the Space
Shuttle Columbia to Burn Up."

--
George H.W. Bush, as Presidential Nominee for the Republican party;
1987-AUG-27: "No, I don't know that Atheists should be considered as

This thread: