GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2003-03 > 1046624201

From: "roger beswick" <>
Subject: Marchbank
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 16:56:41 -0000

I am researching 2 Marchbank men. Both were born in Dublin in the 1830's,
both were printers, both appeared in London in the 1850's. They were
Alexander and William Marchbank.

I am aware of a family of Dublin printers called Marchabnk. I think there
was a line of three Roberts as the British Library has books published by
them betwen 1780 and 1860. From the obituary listings at Tiara I know that
Robert Snr died in 1867. From other documents I know quite a lot about the
Roberts except their families, for example they lived, or had their works in
Stamford Street.

Can anyone please point me to:
How do I get hold of a copy of the obituary?
Such a family must have left wills. Can I found out if they exist?

The thought of a trip to Dublin to find the answeres is very attractive but
I would like to do some groundwork first.

Many Thanks

Roger

This thread: