GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2003-03 > 1046636207

From: "Is Mise Gan Ainm" <>
Subject: Re: Date of Earliest records for County Mayo
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 20:16:47 GMT

The RC parish of Bekan [Claremorris] has records from 1832,
and the RC parish of Burriscarra & Ballintubber
[Claremorris] has records from 1839.

Burriscarra are on LDS Films Nos. 1279210 item 15-16;
0979699 item 1-2

"Mary" <> wrote in message
> My great great grandfather William Joseph Kelly was born
in Claremorris,
> County Mayo, Ireland in 1806. I am curious to know if
anyone know the dates
> of the earliest records located in County Mayo. I am
hoping to make a trip
> to Ireland this year and was hoping that maybe I could
find information on
> his parents as well as visit what seems to be a very
beautiful area.
> Mary

---