GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2003-03 > 1046677912

From: "Hugh Watkins" <>
Subject: Re: Dear Chief............R.C. parishes
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 07:51:52 -0000

"The Chief" <> wrote in message news:...
> ("Jane Lyons") wrote in message news:<001b01c2e120$e20b7540$>...
> > Dear 'Chief',
> >

> > Thank you.
> >
> > Jane
>
> Jane,
> I just spent over an hour typing in a thoughful reply, which I
> just lost due to a stupid mistake. I am not going to recreate it
> tonight, and as work looms, it may or may be some time before I can
> get back to this.

and I just lost mine through a MS Explorer crash (copy pasteing)

in brief

index old records "as is"

add modern diocese -- and post codes

finding a sibling is a priest will save years of searches for non existant marriages

we have the same problem with Birmingham UK spreading for 200 years overlapping 3 counties
old records are in four official local record offices

One just has to study local history to make sense of it all

Hugh W

This thread: