GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2003-03 > 1046742270

From: "Jane Lyons" <>
Subject: Re: [Y-IRL] Shamrock...........COLGAN & BRITTEN
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 01:44:34 -0000

Wow! The name Nathaniel is one I rarely see...............Colgan I'd have to check and in honesty Kathleen, I don't know how old he was when he did the Shamrock work - the paper was published in 1897, and if this was him, then we're talking about him having been in Belfast 30 years later - so maybe he wasn't an Antrim man after all!!

I need to find his obituary - if there was one..............regardless - this Nathaniel Colgan hasd to have been a relative if it wasn't him.

Maybe the best thing to do will be to make a few phone calls tomorrow or the next day.........

Thank you very much for this

Jane