GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2003-03 > 1046804281

From: "Edith Gomez" <>
Subject: Re: Genealogy - what and where is it?
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 18:58:01 GMT

Yes, I am picky about what I acquire. For instance someone tried to pass on
the fact that John Collier was supposed to have handed the peace pipe to
Tecumseh but I can find no record of any such thing. So you see there is
info out there you CAN get for nothing if you really search for it. I have
paid many time for information but now that I have the responsibility of
caring for my 90 year old father that leaves me unable to travel like I
would like to. I really don't mind paying for info it's just a bit
expensive most of he time and now that I have car payments it makes it even
more of an expense. But then maybe most of he researchers have a LARGE NEST
EGG somewhere.

Edith

"Sean MacLochlainn" <> wrote in message
> Edith Gomez wrote:
> > I agree with you as I also do not have the means to travel, etc. By
> > those who wish to add some helpful information to
> > soc.genealogy.ireland or any other news group to help others is to be
> > commended. Those who disagree need to grow up and take time to help
> > those of less means. IT'S CALLED SHARING!! The problem that I have
> > been having is when I ask some a question in my research in Ireland I
> > really don't get a response unless it has something to do with
> > spending money which I am sure some of don't have enough of.
> >
> > There are a lot of intelligent people on the news groups but they
> > need to grow up also as they are letting their intelligence go to
> > their egos which doesn't make them smart, just smart enough to make
> > them stupid.
>
> You want something for nothing, so you aren't too choosy what you get. If
> you really want to make progress then you will have to 'make your own
luck'
> by doing some proper research yourself or paying someone to do it for you.
>
> Sean

This thread: