GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2003-03 > 1046807693

Subject: County Derry
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 14:54:53 EST

I am trying to locate where in County Derry my great grandfather, James Paul,
was born, and who his father was. His mother was Margaret McConnell married
to an unknown Paul.

James was born in 1816 and I know of two sisters, Rebecca born 1819 and
Catherine born 1824. James came to America around 1836, either with the two
sisters, or sent for them later. Stories say there were two brothers, Robert
and George, who remained in Ireland and became doctors.

I have information on them after they arrived in western Pennsylvania but
nothing on their beginnings in Ireland. Any help with information or clues
on searching for the beginnings of this family in Ireland will be greatly
appreciated.

Virginia

This thread: