GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2003-03 > 1046872615

From: "jd" <>
Subject: Surname Deering
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 08:56:55 -0500

Hello there, Michael Deering (greatgrandfather) b. 1847. Have him in the
Phila Pa. 1880 census. Then wife Mary Ann (OKeefe) shows up as a widow in
1883. Family story is that he took his son James (grandfather) to Nebraska.
James came home to Phila. Pa. Michael did not. I am trying to place Michael
in Ireland. I know that there were many Deerings in and around
Dublin/Carlow/Kildare. I have hit a wall and have no clue as to how to find
where Michael comes from in Ireland. I am interested in following the
family tree back. Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you

This thread: