GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2003-03 > 1046984209

From: "Kevin Arnold" <>
Subject: ARNOLD'S AND BARRY'S OF YOUGHAL Co Cork (also links with Limerick and Waterford)
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 20:56:49 +0000 (UTC)

From: Kevin Arnold <>
Subject: ARNOLD'S AND BARRY'S OF YOUGHAL Co Cork (also links with Limerick
and Waterford)
Date: 28 February 2003 20:04

I have obtained what I believe is a copy of a marriage certificate of my
Great Grandfather EDWARD ARNOLD.
He married a Mary Barry in 1870 in YOUGHAL Co. Cork. He was 32 and Mary was
20.
Edward's occupation was listed as "Clerk" which tied in with the family
history where he was listed as Court Clerk.

Edward's father was listed as GEORGE ARNOLD and his occupation was listed as
Shipwright.
My grandfather was also a GEORGE ARNOLD (son of EDWARD) and he emigrated
from Ireland at turn of century to Cardiff in South Wales.

So does anyone out there have any information on:-
My gf GEORGE ARNOLD bn c1877 emigrated to
South Wales
My ggf EDWARD ARNOLD bn c1838 m1870 clerk
My ggf GEORGE ARNOLD bn c 1812 shipwright

Apart from the location of YOUGAHL I believe there to be a connection with
Waterford.

Also there is a Mary Barry on the IGI who has a father of Michel. Barry
which matches the marriage certificate. This is for a Christening 17 May
1850, Askeaton, Limerick on 17 May 1850.

Can anyone connect my Mary with their own family trees?

Thanks in anticipation and good luck to all my fellow genealogists.

Kevin Arnold

This thread: