GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2003-03 > 1047148214

Subject: McKay and McCusker research
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 13:30:14 EST

Hi List,

I am new to this list. I am researching James McKay born 1818, Co. Down,
Ireland. His parents were John Neil McKay and Catherine McCusker. They had 2
other children John and Elizabeth. The family moved to Glasgow area about
1820. James married 1841 to Cecilia Lawson, at Dundee. James and Cecilia
emigrated to USA about 1842. They lived first in Albany NY then went to
Joliet, Illinois. Then in 1847 travelled the Oregon Trail and settled in St.
Paul, Marion Co, Oregon. Their children were: William Richard, Mary, John
Neil, Catherine and Cecilia.

I would like to find out which parish, in Co. Down, the McKay family came
from.I would also love to locate info about James McKays siblings and
parents.

Thank You,
Catherine

This thread: