GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2003-03 > 1047691892

From: "Jane Lyons" <>
Subject: Leitrim Strays
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 01:31:32 -0000

1901 Census - Co. Monaghan
'Strays' in a census are those who are listed as living in one county and
who were born in another - some may be heads of households - usually, I note
the name, age and religion of the head of household if they were born in
another county and do not take any of the info on any other member of the
house - or else, if there are people living in a house whose surnaem differs
from that of the Head of Household - be they relatives or servants/lodgers -
I try to note the surname of the Head of household as well, but in some
instances forget. Regardless, should you want to know any more information
relating to any person I list their name will be found on the 1901 census
under the townland somewhere.

Castleblayney Rural D.E.D. 27

Killycard 27/28
McKeown, Hugh. Roman Catholic, aged 37. Born Co. Leitrim
Sarah (wife), Bridget, Mary, Francis, Sarah A., Maggie J., ?Michael

Castleblayney Town D.E.D. 28
Castle Square 28/2

Tottenham, Herbert Loftus Ponsonby. Church of Ireland, aged 30 born Co.
Leitrim

***********************
Fermanagh 1901 Census:
Ballyshannon Union or Civil Registration District
Belleek District
Lurg Barony
Belleek Civil Parish:

Druminiller D.E.D. 1 part 7
Margaret Montgomery, R.C., aged 80 born Co. Leitrim

Beleek D.E.D. 1 part 17c
James McGowan (Moohan house ) aged 28 born Co. Leitrim
John Wilson, (Moohan House ) aged 53 born Co. Leitrim
Henry Ferguson, (Burns House) aged 50 born Co. Leitrim
Margaret McDermot, R.C. aged 47 born Co. Leitrim

D.E.D. Garrison
Slattanagh D.E.D. 3/9
James McGowan, Roman Catholic, Head of Household, aged 67, born Co. Leitrim
McGeever, Francis. Roman Catholic, Head of household, aged 64, born Co.
Leitrim
McGowan, John, Roman Catholic, Head of Household, aged 55, born Co. Leitrim

D.E.D Garrison
Gorteen D.E.D. 3/6
Elizabeth Dolan, Head of Household, Roman Catholic, aged 60 born Co.
Leitrim, Widow
Patrick Molan, servt in Robinson house, Roman Catholic, aged 30 born Co.
Leitrim
Dorothy Carson, ?niece, Robinson houe, Methodist, aged 12. Born CO. Leitrim

Freevagh D.E.D. 3 / 4
Bridget Rogers (Ovens house), servant, Roman Catholic, aged 42, born Co.
Leitrim
Gilmartin, Laurence, Head of Household, Roman Catholic, aged 58, born Co.
Leitrim
Catherine McLoughlin, servt Gilmartin house, aged 19, Roman Catholic, born
CO. Leitrim
Fox, James. Head of Household, aged 45, born Co. Leitrim
Fox, Mary, sister to James, aged 47 born Co. Leitrim

This thread: