GENIRE-L Archives

Archiver > GENIRE > 2003-03 > 1047845907

Subject: Co. Armagh newpapers of the late 1800's
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 13:18:27 -0700

In searching for the graves of my g-g-g-grandparents John McBurney and
Margaret McClelland McBurney, I realize that their death certificates
(if I find them) may not have any information about where they would
be buried. So, I'm asking those in the know:

What newspapers would have been the the ones that would carry the
obituaries of locals of Co. Armagh around Tandragee? John McBurney
died June 17, 1869, Margaret McClelland McBurney died August 05, 1891.
The family farm was at Ballysheil, Clare, Co. Armagh, we believe.

Thanks so much for any advice your can offer!

Ron Thomas Estes Park, CO, USA
(John McBurney & Margaret McClelland -> James McBirney & Ellen Carter
-> James Francis McBirney -> Earl Carter McBirney -> June McBirney
Thomas -> me )

This thread: